Tuesday, November 02, 2004

the Self "YOU" choose "YOU"rself

"if you think about what you don't have, you have nothing".
but if you think of what you have, then you don't have to think about what you don't have
".

A quote self designed when I was on the bike with a friend and we needed to talk something.
This quote turned out to be like, a painting, which you name only after you have finished it.

"Oh, now it looks something like a pig in mud, though it should have been a cow in the meadows, so let me name it oink its fun "!

After saying the line I wondered, why I said that. Was it the phone call to a friend of mine who means a lot or was it the two large RC whisky.
What ever was the reason? It was meant to be said, on that bike, at that moment.
Hence triggering a saga of discourse to gauge the spoken, the pros and cons added up to an interesting menu of life.
We can contort the quote to any extend....I did, though I haven't reached a conclusion........not YET!

Words in this quote can be judged and decided by two kinds of people.
The kind who equate "what you have" directly to "Materialism" and the others who relate it to simply "what you have".

"HOW and WHO should perceive this quote?”

One side of the coin can be seen in a way I feel, is not correct (though being a human I end up doing the same)
The quote can be equated directly to the amount of "Materialism" incised in a person.
If a person refers to the quote with respect to monetary and other pleasures, then he/she refers his/her "everything" to the pinnacle of Materialistic achievements. Let me explain,
Those who feel that owning a 59inch flat screen plasma TV is "everything" can be defined in this set of people. But the moment his neighbor buys a 79 inch, his sense of "everything" is lost.
A person stooped to this side of the coin always discovers higher mantras of materialistic pleasures, triggering a never-ending loop always culminating in the lap of death.
Then again, is it bad to be materialistic?.....
Ask me and I will say NO. Being materialistic is not bad, because I believe in being happy and if “materialism” makes you happy then fine with it…… but I ain’t happy now.

Flip side .
A person who believes in being happy as per the latter part of the quote-
"but if you think about what you have, then you don't have to think about what you don't have ",
can such a person be termed as a looser, who is satisfied with what he has and not want anything more and be colligated as lazy, someone who finds an excuse for not achieving or will he be termed as a 'yogi' who has reached the pinnacle of satisfaction?
There are lot of judgments here, and all of it will be cleared only of you mange to relate yourself to one of them, otherwise it is a punch-bag anybody can lay their thoughts on.

Answers can be found through conjunction of "comparison" and "YOU".
"comparison"--> as in, not what I have mentioned above, but as to how and what you compare with "satisfaction" and
"YOU"-->..........well I guess it’s up to YOU to decide on that.
You have to cross the Rubicon some time, the earliest the better (for good or bad).
Even before reaching this line, you must have decided on the level of RUBBISH I have driveled, at least you have foun in the gramatical also spelling mishtakes in this drivel. If not then a few questions have been raised about the nature of "YOU".

After reading the drivel, it triggered a series of questionnaire as to, if it is another charade of a freak who will end up as a yogi or a 79-inch possessed....???? NO, I don’t think so, cos I haven't chosen my side of coin yet.

Have you?

NOTE:
Now that you have read so much let me just tell you, I was jobless when I penned this, absolutely jobless.





9 comments:

Aslan said...

you're talking about choice here.. do you know? the whole world is about choice. might sound like a cliche, but think about it n' you'll find a whole world of truth in it.. for eg: you even choose whether you wanna love a woman or not? don't believe me? meet me tonight..

Aslan said...

yes i've chosen my side of the coin. this side says that i've chosen to be a thinker before i'm a chooser rather than the other way round. which means that i'm not helpless to my choice. i'm in control of it.. n' working for more. for thats where your happiness lies. you must've read about the shopkeeper who chose to start his day happy. he also chose to live the night he was burgled and shot. and did. its all about choice but more so, understanding why you made the choice (like the oracle says in the matrix reloaded) but i add that you would do well to learn from it, to make better choices in the future.. do you get my drift? i'm talking very generic here, so don't be afraid. To Believe.

Aslan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chupru said...

I never said it was not a choice,it is all about choice, what i wanted to put across was how you choose.You have to choose, every body has to, only that when you choose you realise what kinda choice you make and then you realise to which side of the coin you belong to.The two sides can be of any kind, for me going with the quote it has to be either of the ones i have mentioned.

Aslan said...

re: what you said about choice, yes, its conclusive.. tells you what kind of person you are depending on whether you choose the 'yogi' side or the 79" side. i agree fully with that. and kudos to you for that lovely self-designed quote. it remarkably is true..

re: what i meant in my prev comment: its just a tangential thought inspired by ur philosophy. I choose to ignore someone who would choose the 79-inch possessed side.. its the other I'm interested in, of course. But "they" who choose the 'yogi' side don't get away with it like that.. there are gradations to that side too, some of which would still draw nothing but flak from me.. like the one who wants to save n' save n' save his cash, as if he'd take it to grave with him. Don't you agree that the 'miser' will fit the 'yogi side of the coin? But is he any better than the 79"? I don't think so!!

Aslan said...

i'm the kind who would buy a slightly-better-than-ordinary TV, a 25" flat not-plasma-but-just-CRT, n' not give a 'flyin fuck' what my neighbour has..

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!