Monday, October 25, 2004

The class is back.

Another movie to add to my list of "excellent" graded movie in Malayalam.

After "Paithrhukam" this was the only movie that has made an impact."Paithrukam was released sometime in the late 90's and yes that was the last mallu movie I watched with the brain of a critic,movie enthu, and above all a MALLU.

My scattered movie habits can be blamed on the movie makers, who have been very happy emulating the rest of the crowd, movies that make a FAT ugly guy (the age of my DAD) do a salsa or maybe get some FAT women to seduce you, sneakily fill their pockets.(no malice intended towards the FAT)

The feeling you get after watching a good movie,I had lost that from malayalam mavies long ago."Karzcha", brings us hope.
The theme, and style of movie making which deservedly bagged "National Awards" are back.Blessy Ipe Thomas has got that class.I was even more touched beause of the backdrop "kuttanadu",something personal about this place.

I could end the evening with a "wha what a movie" note ,just like any 'shyamalan' or 'quentin' movie.

BTB my mom hada tear in her eyes after the curtains fell!



No comments: