Monday, June 20, 2005

Jhai Chamundeshwari

To feel the wind on your face and your jacket flutter on your pillion mates face for 300 odd kilometers is something I want to do every day. All that with a flavor of quick decisions and make my mother say "WHAT??!!!, you are going to Mysore on a bike; that too at night!", makes the fun twofold.
Sense of soothe was absent for us as all. All the bikes were pulsar and cruise bike comforts were zilch, but we bike loving idiots were determined and really really motivated to do the idiot’s thing.


Driving with the green sugar cane fields passing by the corner of (both) my eyes and no worries of deliverables or con-calls made me want to freeze the moment and entrench it in a canvas; so that any time I want I could repaint it, only to make the picture look better.

130 kilometer fanatical ride and a hasty decision. All to be blamed on my crazy friends, those guys crazy enough to decide at the flick of the moment to visit Mysore on a bike.
With no spare under wears, tooth brush or money, we were on the road. Not that any of the above mentioned, except money, is a daily need in my dictionary of life, the above line does explain my haze and stupidity, if you think so.

Mysore welcomed us with open arms and closed restaurants by around 8 PM. Just enough energy left to find a lodge and spot a Malabar restaurant by the street corner to chew some "naiyee choru" with chicken curry. Guess what the "Malabar Restaurant" turned out to be owned by a fellow mallu, it never was a surprise for any of us. (These mallus they are all around the globe)

Please hate me for doing this, but I need to crack a mall joke NOW.

Never let the mallu take the corner kick in a foot ball match.
why why why???

Cos he'll put up a tea stall there.

geee.....
I feel better already.


so then where were we, ah the night in Mysore.
We loitered around the gates of Mysore palace searching for fags, then retired to bed.
I SLEPT LIKE A LOG, till 7 am.


Same clothes, a shower, tea, fags and we advance to Chamundi Hills, holly abode of Chamundeshwari, the tutelary deity of Mysore Maharajas. I was looking forward to that wondrous view down the valley from the elevation, I have missed since my last visit to Munnar and of course a divine bliss visiting chamundeshwari temple.

The temple conveniently had a paid entrance, which of course we took, considering the otherwise looong queue and the short time frame we had.
After a good darshan and the red "bhasmam" spotted between our brows, we take the descent.


Cold wind, twisted roads and a bike gave us the delight none can compare.
Yes we were there.


The "CRS Fun World" visit, I was NOT looking forward to rather my mates were, turned out to be good fun.
All crazy rides, fat people and desperate 'US' added to the FUN mood. We stayed in water long enough to gobble down chunks of food like hungry elephants at a road side dhaba.

Riding 130km back was tiring. Badly missing my bed, and not able to feel my butt, I was more than happy to get back home.

Every bone, muscle in my body aches and worse, I have to get to ‘Work’. With no regrets and all fervor I am looking forward to that ah...... [Clenching my back and tears in the eyes].

I deserve the Chamundeshwari award for "Dedication to IT industry" or what?

Jhai Chamundeshwari.

7 comments:

Aslan said...

I've put up the pics on my blog :)

silverine said...

Were u on a thanksgiving trip for winning back the BB court in the Battle of the Bulges 2005 ?

Hope the Devi is happy with the foothills Alcoholikabhishekam!!! Or else...you better learn to play cricket.

chupru said...

@silverine : Yes a kings journey to commemorate the historic victory of the BB court; what better place to visit than Tippu's abode.

Ahem, how on earth did you know abt the little alcoh stint at the foothill?????
if it is from the pics at my friends blog then "endai AMMACHI" you have some sight I say!

Unknown said...

when will I do all these???

L . Hyena, The said...

NICE!!! i'm running off to mysore for the weekend myself...Although i cant afford a bike tho. maybe some other time...hope ill have at least a quarter of the fun (and return back with at least a numb arm or a leg!!!)

ciao

Anonymous said...

Hi there 

Why do dogs eat their poop? One reason dogs eat their poop is because it just plain taste
good. Another reason is it could be a vitamin deficiency. One other reason for the poop
eating is that it is an instinctual behavior in the wild to eat the poop to keep other predators
from tracking their movements.

Some solutions for stopping poop eating are: You can put meat tenderizer on it.

What do you think?

By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

Bye, bye - Wendy! 




[color=#9ad][url=http://canada-get-paid-surveyylgoknslgwe.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]

Anonymous said...

Good day! 

How do you change the size of your monitor?

By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

See you soon! Girly Girl 


[color=#9ad][url=http://paid-money-surveyunmtmuoao.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]