Monday, June 27, 2005

"THANK YOU", Jeeves.

The white ‘Sumo’ severed right, left, up, down, above-turn and sit-down; and all this time I was doing a good job balancing P.G.Wodehouse in one hand and my dad on the cell phone in the other.
The gruffly driver with his big, black mustache, twisted at the ends, was already in heat with only 15 minutes left to get a bunch of lazy software engineers to work.
He drove with vigor, passion and a good looking rear-view mirror to his left.
I liked the whole package the mirror came in. A fresh coat of white paint on its cover and huge, shiny, clean and very very reflecting; even ‘I’ looked good in it!

Book: "Thank you, Jeeves"
Page: 134
[Para 4, line 1]
I read


"And then there came a far -off crash of glass, and the Sergeant went bounding down the stairs."

Cling- bling -clang...swish...

My instincts took over; I closed my eyes and ducked with my hands on my head. A while latter realizing the vehicle has stalled, I come back to my senses. Every body the car had their eyes as big as a pumpkin and rigid on me. The gruffly driver with a back mustache, twisted at the ends, was half out of the car. His tongue and mouth was pouring a symphony of swear words at a truck driver in the front.
The good looking left side rear-view mirror was gone; it dangled from the side of the same truck.
And I rise, to find glass all over me and the front seat.

“Hope he’s alive”
“Good he ducked”
“He is lucky not to have any of that glass in the eye”
“Anoop, can you see?”

15 minutes in stun, a quick seek to make sure my eyes are in their sockets and no glass pieces are in my skin.

Composed and pacified by fellow mates;
I again open the book……

Book: "Thank you, Jeeves"
Page: 134
[Para 4, line 2]
I read


"This was followed by a sound which gave me the impression that Brinkley, feeling that he had done his bit, had galloped to the front door and slammed it after him. And after that another slam, as if the Sergeant, too, had made a break for the open. And then, filtering through the keyhole came a little puff of smoke."

"Puff of smoke" ?????

I shut the book. No, I cannot survive a gun shot now.

4 comments:

silverine said...

This is an excellent piece. And a neat finale. Hilarious too. And to think we nearly lost a good writer to terrible driving and glass shards....wot say Jeeves? :))

btw Bart looks astounded too!

Oneirodynic said...

Che!Appo nee chathilleee???

:-D

[all puns intended]

chupru said...

@siverine: Jeves say: "don't worry silverine. As long as Anoop is in my hands or rather I'm in his; He's ahem... safe" ;-)


@Vishnu: [mamooty emulated]illa monae illa, ee Anoopinae kollan patilla; because Anoop intae kayil "Jeeves" ondu.
(jeeves->jeevan you see)..."boooo".

Anonymous said...

[color=#9ad]Hello everyone,
I have not really been anywhere all day, as in come back here at home. Have you ever did something as an angel when going out? What is going on? I'm sitting there on the couch for no reason, looking at my magazine an article called [/color][url=http://www.ladystore.info/sitemap4.html]love man[/url][color=#9ad] and have no idea about what to do. I am not sure if he wants me. This is the problem. I am sure that he is the man for me. Maybe the way I used to behave in the past let him understand me wrong that I don't lo
ve him too. I am gonna say to him straight away. Perhaps I wanna ask him to marry me. I can be happy. Only time will tell.
Bye [/color]