Monday, July 19, 2004

"Naadan Kallu"..... tipsy Bday.

Late post to commemorate another "day" , reminds me that I'm running out if time. My birthday is done with for the 23rd time.
was home when the day started, ended up in a "kallu shaap" (local toddy shop) by the evening.
I was decieved into the place by my mentors back in cochin, Vasanth and Girish chettan.
when vasanth asked me to come home fast ,I thougth there s a surprise  party waiting for me (even told vidya, I'm goin to be surprised with a party,yes she called)poooh...ya rgth surprise and a party too, but never thougth it's going to be like this in my wildest dreams.
 
The "kallu shaap" was located by the river XYZ, and it looked beautiful with the moon light bouncing of the ripples made by the "vallam"(man powered boats), cruising through.
 
"kallu",  suppposed to be one of the purest form of liquor, tasted like Vanilla-shake with vinegar in it, but tasted divine, kinda baffling.
To top it we had sumptious servings of "karimmen porichathu", "meen pollichathu", prawns fry, "vedi-irrachi"(crane meet), i too felt a lil disgust ,thats before I tasted it.
 
The owner of the place,"BABU" was "Girish-Chettans" buddy, he too was on our table, after getting a lil tipsy
he started off with the golden, evergreen songs in Malayalam, Boy it sure feels good to hear it from some one who knows what he's singing.
 
trrrrrrrrrriiiiing    achan calling ,panic ,cut the song (whoes bothered).....  "anthi kadapurathu oru oola kudayeduthu, naalum kooti murukinajunathu aranu....."  blasting in the background, I pick up the call.Told him ill be late and that I have the keys.Told him not to let "tikku" out of the kennel till I come ...ya the last thing you want is to get ravished by your own dog ,cos you dont smell like "Anoop" instead stink of "kallu".
 
Got home by 1am and amma was still waiting for me, she knew what her 23 year old son was upto and asked me to take a shower and go to sleep.Next day morning I told her every thing, things were cool. Achan also got a brief description of the evening, though i spoke to him only about my clinary satisfactions, I m sure he knows his SON better.
 
And i went to TWO temples the next day .................................see how pious I am ,just not a souse.
Back to work now .
 
Happy Bday to you .. happy Bday to you ..
happy Bday to chupru.....
 
 
 

No comments: